About the Gisborne Chamber of Commerce
The Gisborne Chamber of Commerce is one of Gisborne's oldest and most respected business organisations. Established in 1877, the Chamber enjoys a well-established history and reputation as the voice of business for our region. We are committed to the development and success of trade, industry and commerce within the Gisborne region and offer a range of services including training & business support, business promotion and networking opportunities and advocacy.
2019 Gisborne Chamber of Commerce Strategic Plan
Our primary objectives/existence include:
- The Chamber is a global worldwide recognised organisation and has been in Gisborne for well over 100 years.
- There are 30+ Chamber offices throughout NZ which is divided into 4 regions (Gisborne is a member of the Auckland region under the Northern Hub led by Michael Barnett).
- We are the recognised voice representing the business community. We are governed by a voluntary executive committee elected yearly chaired by Paul Naske, committee members (6) are Belinda Mackay Vice President, Jeremy Muir, Nikki Archdale, Adam Hughes, Diane Taylor and Peter Nikolov.
- General Chamber membership benefits include advocacy for Business, Business promotion, Business support, networking and events. In partnership with our training provider affiliates we provide training opportunities at a discounted rate for members.
- Business After 5 (BA5) business after 5 are hosted by members at their premises. They are a great way to build connections and learn about other local businesses.
- Networking events - in July 2019 based on feedback from our members, we started our first month ‘Networking’ evening where Chamber members can simply come to mix and mingle in a collective informal forum. We also invite new members along and include guest speakers to present important information to members in attendance.
- Schools to business connections – for the past 3 years we have coordinated the Young Enterprise Scheme (YES) - we will continue as regional YES supporter 2020 which involves coordination with Secondary schools i.e. building a business case, aligning students with business mentors a full year program, kindly sponsored by Trust Tairawhiti.
- Export Accreditation - we provide Certificate of Origin documentation for local companies exporting e.g. Pultron Composites, Corson, Harvest Cidery etc. Click here for the NZCCI FAQ Document
- We have strong important relationships with organisations such as central government, local authority GDC, Trust Tairawhiti, Community organisations, Education (to name a few).
- Chamber Membership Directory - available to all Chamber members
- Air NZ Partnership - thanks to the continued support of Air NZ we will again be offering some air travel to some lucky members.
- National Alliance Deals - membership only exclusive offers from our national partners.
- Our membership includes a wide and diverse section of our business community we have 140 financial members. We rely on business support to operate on behalf of our members with one part-time staff managing the Chamber. We also look to partner and source other projects within this time to add value to our members.
The membership fee is based on size of the business which means as a corporate membership once joined you can bring along any key staff you like i.e. it is not just for the CEO/manager.