To keep your business growing you need the right advice. Trust Tairawhiti’s Business Growth Advisors take a birds-eye look at your whole business, then help you connect with the right resources and experts so you can build capability and grow. Once you have registered, we will talk to you about your aspirations and any challenges you may be facing. Your Business Growth Advisor will come back with an action plan and some priorities. After an agreed time they will check in with you on progress and next steps.
Resources available include, but are not limited to the following:
- Business Mentors - This service matches experienced business people, (Mentors) with small business owners or start-ups. The client, (Mentee) learns from the experience and knowledge of the Mentor, helping them to better navigate the challenges of today’s competitive business environment.
- NZTE Capability vouchers - These vouchers co-fund capability building/training for businesses up to 50% of the training costs within the scheme guidelines.
- Callaghan Innovation:
- Student Grants – this enables access to the latest thinking and fresh talent in science, technology, engineering, design or business - at minimal cost
- Project funding - de-risking your R & D costs by up to 40%
- Technical services - access to scientists and engineers dedicated to solving tough problems.
- Innovation skills/programmes - including Lean, Build for Speed, Driving innovation and Innovation IP
- Economic Investigation and Research Funding - this fund is designed for those that have ground-breaking business ideas but need further help to test viability, feasibility or impact.